A unique opportunity has arisen within our clients Business Development function. Due to continued organic business growth, the increasing scope of our clients service offerings, and a continually evolving and expanding client base, our client is currently seeking to recruit a Business Development (BD) Coordinator. The BD Coordinator role is a new position, reporting directly to the Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO). As BD is a responsibility shared throughout our clients business, the BD team works in close collaboration with our technical teams, supporting and empowering them to develop and deliver high-quality proposals, to develop their service offerings and to secure project wins.
This role requires close and regular collaboration with the senior leadership and technical teams, as well as direct client contact. You will be responsible for the coordination and administration of the proposal bidding process, the identification and exploration of potential client and project opportunities, and our BD metrics and reporting.
Key responsibilities of the BD Coordinator will include, but will not be limited to:
- Regular monitoring of the new business pipeline, distribution of the weekly pipeline summary report, attending the weekly pipeline meetings, and summarising and distributing actions to the technical teams
- Supporting the review of individual requests for proposals (RFPs) including involvement on calls with client contacts to discuss scope and requirements
- Involvement in the generation of proposal documents including the drafting of key background sections for larger multidisciplinary projects
- Monitoring of live proposal bids to ensure that each proposal has appropriate scheduling of senior, budget, commercial and editorial review, and appropriate hand-over scheduled on project award
- Regular direct follow-up with technical teams to ensure that expected win rates, the value of bid proposals and project optional tasks are reviewed and updated
- Regular reporting of team satisfaction with the proposal process and its efficiency
- Gathering and recording client feedback on unsuccessful proposal bids and satisfaction with our clients proposal process
- Developing the proposal template text, budget templates and identifying where new template types are required
- Developing the BD slide-sets and materials to support client engagement
- Identifying potential new business leads thorough the coordination and regular review of the intelligence gathering process
- Working with the technical teams and country heads to identify BD activities and service development opportunities, in line with their business plans
Due to the multidisciplinary, fast-moving nature of the consultancy business, the successful candidate will need to have an enthusiasm for variety along with a flexible attitude. We are looking for a friendly, approachable, well-organised individual, who works well to deadlines.
- A minimum 2:1 BSc/BA or MSc, or equivalent
- A clear understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, centred on good listening skills with an ability to manage expectations
- Excellent MS Office® skills
- Knowledge or technical experience within the HEOR industry
- A degree in health economics, economics or a biomedical science subject
Are you interested in working in a cutting-edge industry, where you can develop your business development skills and apply your knowledge to improving healthcare?
Our client works with pharmaceutical and medical devices companies, helping them to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of their products to governments and other healthcare providers. This is mainly done through the development of health economic models, which utilise cutting-edge economic and statistical methodology.
Our client is one of the largest privately-owned health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) consultancies in the world. The office dynamic is intellectually stimulating, fun and focused on results. With their head office in Sheffield, our client employs over 140 people in the UK, India, Ireland, the Netherlands and the US, which means that there are frequent opportunities for international travel or placements.
Our client has a vibrant culture where everyone matters. Many of their employees join as graduates, and they believe in developing their staff and offering them responsibility from an early stage in their careers, enabling rapid progression within a supportive environment.
Our client is located in modern serviced offices in the centre of Sheffield. However, we could also consider individuals looking to work from the Manchester office with regular travel to Sheffield.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing dynamic team and gain valuable insight in to the pharmaceutical and medical devices industry. Our client are committed to investing in their teams development.
- Salary: £24,000–£28,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- 33.5 days paid leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Health and wellbeing benefits package