Our client a nationwide retailer is looking to appoint an experienced Finance Administrator to join their busy team close to the Abbeydale Road area of Sheffield. The successful candidate will be an instrumental part of a small, busy finance team. Reporting to the Company Secretary, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your existing skill set with realistic career development opportunities available to committed individuals.
• Maintaining the sales and purchase ledger
• Checking & inputting weekly income
• Checking payments via the online third-party fraud service
• Identifying queries/discrepancies on supplier invoices
• Coding & inputting invoices to the correct ledger accounts
• Raise sales invoices for account customers
• Reconciling supplier statements & producing weekly/monthly aged creditor analysis
• Payment of creditors by BACS on a weekly/monthly basis
• Bank reconciliation and reconciliation of nominal accounts
• Preparation & submission of VAT returns
• Checking of invoices against supplier delivery notes
• Price checking of invoices against supplier price lists
• Sage payroll/ pensions experience desirable but not essential
• Working knowledge of Sage 50 and Microsoft office package
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to resolve problems
• Sage payroll / pensions experience desirable but not essential
Our clients have been established over 40 years and have experienced exponential growth since their expansion in 2007. They are a leading retailer of home improvement products and have recently made an investment in to an e-commerce business model alongside their existing business model.
Located in the central administrative function of our clients’ business you will have contact with all members of the team and will support the administrative function of the finance team. Our clients’ have developed a strong team ethos and as such are looking for a team player to join them.
Sheffield S8. Close to local amenities and public transport routes.
Over the last 9 years our client has seen both their turnover and their team grow. Subsequently this is a new role within growing organisation. Career opportunities will be available for interested and motivated candidates.
- £15,500 - £16,000
- 37.5 hours per week
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking on site